Sue Taylor Collection
This is the photo collection (1970 - 1980) of my great grandfather Graceus (aka Grecius/George) Abraham Reece. He was a Palm oil trader operating in the Benin River area, and it is possible that his family came from that area. However, on a Scottish marriage certificate his father is listed as John Thomas Reece, Master Plumber, so that seems rather incongruous.
Graceus married my great grandmother in Glasgow but does not appear to have spent much time in this country. When she visited Benin she found he had other wives there. I don't have a date of death, but he was shot in Benin - some dispute over the palm oil trade I believe.
I am having no luck with census as he was never in the UK, and have not located John Thomas or his wife either. Can anyone help or suggest other avenues? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- c.1847 Graceus Abraham Reece Born
- 1877 Married in Glasgow to Margaret Turner. Both living at 102 Eglinton Street. Parents John Thomas Reece, Master Plumber and Christina Ann Holder or Holden
- 1879 George Abraham Reece born 29 Caledonia St., Glasgow Graceus Reece present
- 1881 Margaret and George living at 48 E Clyde St, Helensburgh
- 1884 Peter Bishop Reece born
- 1890 Christian Ann Reece born
- Pre 1908 Dead